If you’re looking for a way of increasing volunteer involvement in your Number Partner scheme, why not hold a ‘Bring A Colleague’ week? This is an opportunity to inspire other staff members to visit your partner school and see first-hand what being a Number Partner is all about.
How it works
– Coordinators ask their current volunteers to nominate a colleague to join them for one session – check with your school coordinator that they can accommodate extra adults on this occasion.
– As this is a one-off opportunity, visiting colleagues will not require a DBS check. We do suggest asking new volunteers to register, so you can provide a list of names for the school in advance.
– Visitors will work in pairs with current volunteers, so you will not need to involve more pupils at this stage. You can use the usual games or resources from the Number Partners – Bring A Colleague Pack.
– We do not expect the event to create lots of additional work for school staff, but it would be beneficial if the school coordinator could meet the volunteers on the day and talk briefly about the impact, and progress students make throughout the year.
– After the event, volunteer coordinators should ensure that any new recruits complete training and receive full DBS clearance before committing to volunteer on regular basis.